The state is sinking!
Come as you are, or in your best Titanic finery! We can loan you a life vest if you need one. It is time to hand Speaker McCall our letters insisting he hear a vote to restore the gross production tax on all oil and gas drilling to 7%! This is a real SOS, Save Our State OK!
The expression “shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic” has come to mean frivolous activity in the face of an impending disaster. Are you noticing that some of our leadership seems to be similarly oblivious? Let’s NOT let them ignore the crisis one more year. Join us in drawing attention to the absurdity of planning to pass another horrible budget when there are options to SAVE OUR STATE!
Our advocacy team will be there to welcome you at the 4th floor rotunda of your state Capitol beginning at 9:30AM, Thursday, May 18th. We’ll look like Titanic passengers, so we’ll be hard to miss! Updates will be posted throughout the day in the Facebook event so if you have any questions post them there.
Attendees are encouraged to do the following:
- Know we need you even if you can only come for a moment.
- Feel free to dress as an oblivious passenger of the Titanic who kept on partying as the ship was sinking, or come as you are.
- Bring a couple of brief letters addressed to the legislative leaders who MUST decide to hear our request to restore the 7 percent gross production tax on ALL oil and gas drilling. You can find them here: Template letter to McCall. Template letter to Schulz.
- Gather letters from your friends to bring with you. We will be delivering these letters one at a time, so more letters is better!
- If you can only be there for a little while, come early so we have a big group at the start.
- If you are coming late, check the Facebook event to see if we are in need of something or have moved to a specific gathering place. Ask the group instead of one person so we can collaborate successfully.